- The night after the eventful night which concluded Session 1, Loxodon conjured a messenger demon, and contacted Elder Crouching Panther to inform him of Loxodon’s discovery of a Casteless Lunar and to ask permission to bring Bhael to him for further convincing on the subject of tattooing. Elder Crouching Panther responded via Infallible Messenger, granting such permission and commending Loxodon.
- Bhael spent his preparation time studying maps and the lay of the land in textbooks as accurate as he could procure. Within three days, and with Loxodon’s help, he had managed to draw up a very detailed map of the route they were to take – complete with points of interest and areas where certain perils and plunder were to be expected.
- The day before the meeting, Ryu purchased a fancy howdah, and that night Tacitus snuck into the mansion grounds and successfully concealed himself within the howdah.
- Ryu and Lady Bright Feathers arrived at the teahouse for the arranged meeting, and flirted classily. Lady Bright Feathers has her effects and some travelling paraphinalia with her.
- Loxodon and Bhael arrived outside, Loxodon already in elephant form with Bhael leading him.
- Ryu sent his servants for his Yeddim Winibago-Workshop, the howdah, and his other effects.
- They waited a while for Tacitus, but conclude he won’t be joining them, and depart.
- Ryu travelled in his Winibago-Workshop, working on designs while not personally driving the cart; meanwhile, the others travelled in the howdah, with Loxodon “entertaining” everybody with academic lectures on various subjects. Lady Bright Feathers and Bhael joined in with Loxodon in a debate regarding local history and lore. Tacitus remained hidden.
- They stopped for the night, where after eating, Bhael and Lady Bright Feathers provided entertainment around the campfire, while Loxodon read then fell asleep, and Ryu completed blueprints for pump-action crossbows; improved, telescopic war-fans; and salt-spreaders. Tacitus, unnoticed, appropriated leftovers from their meal once the others were asleep, before returning to his hiding place.
- Upon waking, it was assumed that Ryu’s servants had cleared away the leftovers, and the journey was recommenced. Bhael cross referenced his own maps to some books he had brought with him and found that somewhere to the North of the location they were destined for contained telltale signs of an ancient Dragon King settlement. When engaged in conversation about it, Loxodon was unsure, but re-assured Bhael that Elder Crouching Panther would likely know more.
- Within the Forest of Compassion, an attack by a half-dozen Bangi Flies brought Tacitus out of hiding: two were incinerated by Ryu’s Moonsilver Alchemical Fire Weapons, one by Tacitus’s Claws, and the remaining three by Loxodon’s casting of Death of Obsidian Butterflies.
- Tacitus studied one of the Obsidian Butterflies, while Ryu collected a dozen of them and Bhael searched for useful herbs in the nearby foleage, finding dock leaf, coriander and hemp plants.
- Tacitus did not return to hiding, but did not respond to the others’ friendly overtures towards him, except by accepting some tea made by Lady Bright Feathers. Bhael struck up a conversation with Loxodon, after witnessing his sorcery first hand, about his Mentor – an Artisan Sorcerer and Lore keeper for the First Age. Upon hearing Bhael’s mentor was a member of the Mountain Folk of legend, Ryu immediately wished to go and visit them sometime in the future, which seemed to cause Bhael to respond apprehensively. Lady Bright Feathers attempted, multiple times, to use her charms and her feminine wiles to encourage Tacitus to open up to the group; but to no avail.
- That evening, Ryu added obsidian edges to his “improved war-fan” design, and sketched plans for an obsidian-shard-filled petard grenade. Once the others had fallen asleep, Tacitus snuck into the Winibago-Workshop and into Lady Bright Feather’s cabin, watched her sleep a while, then crafted her a delicate metal rose, leaving it in the cabin anonymously before retiring to his bedroll.
In Which Those Lunars Travel Some Distance, and Kill Some Bugs