- Loxodon’s hallucinogenic herb use has left him incapacitated for 50 hours.
- On the boat, Lady Bright Feathers converses with the mortal crew, and uncovers that rumour has it that the Prince of the Shorelands (renowned for his idolisation of the Dragon-Blooded) was assassinated and something stolen from his palace, while the Prince of the Highlands (renowned for his distain of the Dragon-Blooded) suffered only a cat-burglary. The Prince of the Middlelands also suffered a theft, and was confronted with a bloody murder outside his chambers, the victim and perpetrators of which have yet to be identified, though the authorities believe it to be the result of an internal fight between the anathema responsible for all the attacks, the ruckus it caused leading them to leave before making an attempt on Kiotaran’s life (if indeed they intended to).
- Ryu struck up conversation with Corvus’s ward in order to find out more about their new compatriot, and discovered that he generally respected mortals, while not holding Exalts in great regard. He is also wanted in at least one place, largely for crimes against Dragon-Blooded- in those places, he is strongly suspected if not known to be an Anathema. Ryu turned the conversation towards more pleasant matters, first asking how Corvus treated his ward (well, indeed as though she were his younger sister), then towards an attempt at seduction.
- Corvus noticed the shift from innocent discussion to seduction, and made his way over to the conversation, and from behind Ryu, used Peacock Shadow Eyes to make his ward distrust Ryu as a cad. Confused at the ward’s sudden shift in behaviour, Ryu attempted to disuade her of her sudden new opinion, but was unsuccessful.
- The rest of the day and a half is spent uneventfully, with Ryu working on his crafting projects, Tacitus ensuring the boat continues to function properly (and sneaking a diamond for his troubles), and the others mostly resting.
- On arrival in Salt-Founded Glory, a large crowd has gathered to observe the arrival of this strange new contraption, and the port-master greets them with surprise that they do not appear to be Dragon-Bloods. He asks Ryu to please reveal his nature, as in this times of sudden Anathema activity one cannot be too careful. Ryu attempts to circumvent the question, but simply causes the port-master to press the question harder. Corvus comes the the rescue, using Peacock Shadow Eyes to convince him that none of them could possibly be Anathema. Apologising profusely and insisting they waive the port fees to make up for his rudeness and suspicions in the face of such obviously trustworthy and innocent folks, the port-master clears a path for them to leave their boat. Unfortunately, while Ryu’s lemur-man form doesn’t fully count as a true form, and Tacitus succeeded in leaving the boat most stealthily, Lady Bright Feathers and Corvus’s Tells shone forth to those of sharp minds, and the cry went up of “Anathema!”
- The port-master protested that such couldn’t possibly be the case, and Lady Bright Feathers quickly activated Cobra Hypnotic Method, freezing the mortals in place, though the Dragon-Blooded present shook off the influence and attacked.
- Ryu threw a smoke grenade before blasting two of the Dragon-Blooded with his alchemical fire weapons. The fight was over quickly, the Dragon-Blooded too cautious of the mortals surrounding them to risk flaring their animas, and the Lunars showing no mercy. Lady Bright Feathers activated Forgetful Victim Prana, then the party activated to “rescue” the Dragon-Blooded’s personal effects before dumping the bodies in the river, then Lady Bright Feathers hid in the boat’s cabin to avoid her anima flare giving the others away, Tacitus snuck off (though kept the others in sight), and Corvus and Ryu posed as innocent bystanders in the crowd, counting on their hoods and the smoke to have hidden their identities.
- Just getting away with it, Ryu led Corvus and Tacitus to rent a townhouse with a garden shed that could be used as a workshop, and then went to purchase some crafting supplies. Corvus left to go fishing and contemplate the world, while Ryu and Tacitus proceeded to go to a tavern. Ryu listened for any anti-Dragon-Blood talk, and upon hearing some, somehow managed to convince the dissidents to accompany him (a complete stranger) to a back room to talk. Tacitus remained in the main section of the bar, just overhearing the local gossip and enjoying a quiet drink.
- Ryu talked to his new friends about dissident matters, and tried to convince them that Luna was a goddess worthy of more worship, though they seemed unconvinced and slightly suspicious at that. Meanwhile, a messenger of the town crier ran through the main entrance of the bar, announcing the sudden death of the Satrap before leaving to proceed to the next establishment. A waitress took up the cry to the side-rooms, and Ryu calmed her.
- Everyone returned to the townhouse for the night, Ryu conveying directions to Lady Bright Feathers and a slowly recovering Loxodon.
In Which Corvus is Overprotective (but also Useful), the Party Arrives at Salt-Founded Glory, and the Satrap is Announced to be Dead